To determine where your IIS log files are stored, please perform the following steps on your server:
- Go to Start, click on Control Panel, then Administrative Tools
- Run Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Find your Web site under the tree on the left.
- Right-click on it and choose Properties.
- On the Web site tab, you will see an option near the bottom that says “Active Log Format.” Click on the Properties button.
- At the bottom of the General Properties tab, you will see a box that contains the log file directory and the log file name. The full log path is comprised of the log file directory plus the first part of the log file name.
For example, if the dialog box displayed the following values:
- Log file directory: C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles
- Log file name: W3SVC1\exyymmdd.log
Then your full log path to put into SmarterStats would be:
In order to make sense of your IIS logs by running them through the SmarterStats IIS log analyzer. You can download the free edition of SmarterStats from the Free Web Analytics